Vacancy: Sales Representative
We are looking for enthusiastic talent to join our rapid growth early-stage logistics company. It is an ideal opportunity to work in a dynamic and international environment while helping us grow our network across South Africa.
Pargo (www.pargo.co.za) is a logistics solution that allows users to send and receive parcels at pick-up points throughout the country. Online and offline retailers use Pargo as a simple, cost effective method of delivering goods to the Pargo pick-up points where customers can collect the parcels when it suits them best. Customers collect from a pick-up point close to home or work and never have to miss a delivery again while the (online) retailers save costs and improve their service offering. The Pargo pick-up points are established in over 325 existing well-known retail stores like Freshstop at Caltex and Waltons.
You are responsible for the acquisition of new businesses that will use Pargo as a delivery method. You will actively search for potential partners, telephonically contact and on-board them. In addition, you will be responsible for:
– Lead generation and managing incoming leads
– Contact potential clients
– Develop the client portfolio
– Account management
– Maintaining relationships with all your partners
– Supporting the Pargo leadership team in refining our service offer
– Bachelor level degree from an accredited university, or professional equivalent
– Skilled sales representative with tele sales experience
– Experience in logistics and/or retail
– Flexibility and willingness to work in a changing entrepreneurial work environment
– Ability to self-manage and meet sales targets
– Strong communication skills – written and verbal, with an emphasis on crisp, concise messaging
– Experience either working for or building an early stage company is a plus
Start Date: immediate
Duration: 3 months with opportunity to extend contract commensurate with performance
Location: Pargo offices in Woodstock, Cape Town
Interested candidates should send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, copying email@example.com with ‘Candidate for Pargo – Regional Business Development Manager’ in the subject line. A brief cover letter should be addressed to Lars Veul.