1) Privacy and Cookies Policy
Pargo (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data (“Data”) that we collect from you or that you provide to us will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. This policy should be read in conjunction with the general terms and conditions of this website.
2) Data Protection Principles
We shall perform our responsibilities under The Protection of Personal Information Act 2013 in accordance with the following eight principles:
- Obtain and process information fairly;
- Keep it only for one or more specified, explicit and lawful purposes;
- Use and disclose it only in ways compatible with these purposes;
- Keep it safe and secure;
- Keep it accurate, complete and up to date;
- Ensure it is adequate, relevant and not excessive;
- Retain it for no longer than is necessary;
- Give a copy of his/her personal data to that individual, on request.
3) Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.pargo.co.za
- This includes information provided by you at the time of ordering any of the services from our site. This information may include your name, address, fixed line number, mobile number, email address or other contact details.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
4) Use and disclosure of information
Data will be kept only for clear and legal purposes. We use information held about you in the following ways:
a. to provide you with the services listed on our site;
b. to provide you with information about our services that may be of interest to you (where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes). If you do not want us to use Data in this way, please tick the relevant box on your order form.
c. to notify you about changes to our service.
In order to provide you with any of the services ordered from our site disclosure of your Data will necessarily be made to:
a. independent third parties who are licensed to operate as CourierIT/RAM
b. to notify you about changes to our service.
c. where necessary, to other independent third party service providers who may be engaged in activities that include the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services (and who may use such Data for that purpose).
Save as required by law (including that of any jurisdiction to which we provide carriage services) or in order to apply our terms and conditions (including our Conditions of Carriage) no other disclosure of Data will be made to third parties for those third parties’ own purposes or use.
Data may be legitimately given to CourierIT or their agents or other third parties for legitimate purposes as described above. This may include the transfer of data to other jurisdictions for processing. In these circumstances we will ensure that adequate contractual and technical safeguards are in place to protect your Data. All such processing will take place in full compliance with all applicable laws.
5) Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Access To Your Information – You are entitled to copies of your Data kept by us. Requests should be in writing (We may charge a small fee to cover the administration costs. Please quote your name and address. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before issuing any copy Data.
6) Changes to your policy
We reserve the right to amend or modify this Data Protection Policy at any time in response to changes in applicable data protection and privacy legislation. Any changes that we may make will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail
7) Cookies policy
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files sent from a website and stored in the user’s web browser while user is browsing a website.
When users visit the same website again, the browser sends cookies back to the website allowing the website to recognise the user and remember things like personalised details or preferences.
More information about cookies and details of how to manage or disable them can be found on www.aboutcookies.org.
Please note: that if you choose to opt-out of receiving cookies (by disabling the cookie function on your browser), you may lose some functionality of www.pargo.co.za
When you use the www.pargo.co.za website the following types of cookies can be set on your device:
1. Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies enable services that you have specifically asked for. Without these cookies, the full functionality of this website may not be available to you. These cookies don’t contain any personally identifiable information.
2. Performance cookies
These cookies are used to collect statistical information about visitors of the website and the pages they view. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and used anonymously. We use these cookies to understand what content is popular which helps us to improve our website.
3. Functional Cookies
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced and more personal features. Some examples of such features include:
1. Remembering your preferences and settings such as redirect to mobile version of the site when you are browsing with a smart phone
2. Remembering when you’ve inputted information on www.pargo.co.za so that you don’t do this more than once during your visit.
3. If you have a www.pargo.co.za account, a cookie on your computer lets us remember your user name and email address so you don’t have to enter it again when you are re-ordering services.