Hello! Pleased to meet you, bly te kenne, ndiyavuya ukwazi
Key Account Manager - JHB & Durban
We’re looking for a well-connected, ambitious and entrepreneurial key account manager to join our team and help us change the way people send and receive parcels. We offer flexible working hours, commission-based remuneration, an exciting work environment and a chance to be part of a fast-growing business that is disrupting the logistics landscape in South Africa. We welcome applications from candidates looking for permanent employment as well as from candidates that prefer to work on a freelance/commission basis.
Key Account Manager
You are a well-connected business development manager with a passion for sales and experience in the logistics industry. Your primary focus will be to ensure the on-boarding of the major South African retailers as well as ecommerce firms that deliver goods to the consumer. You will identify and prioritise suitable retail partners, create a strong sales pipeline and manage the sign-up process. You are a hunter with great negotiation and closing skills and will also manage your accounts and monitor their performance. By working together with the marketing team you will ensure performance improvement of your partners.
- On-board new key business partners
- Identify and prioritise suitable retail partners
- Create a strong sales pipeline
- Manage the sign up process
- Establish, develop and maintain strong relationships with our partners
- Monitor partner performance and implement improvements
You enjoy working in a young, agile and dynamic team and have the ability to work independently and take initiative and ownership on projects. You need to be passionate about growing a world-class solution and offering the best possible customer experience. This means that you are user focused and understand the need of the people using our services. Because we are a fast growing start-up you need to be able to work under pressure, cope with change and have a solution driven, entrepreneurial mind set.
- Experienced sales and business development representative
- Strong network of decision makers at major South African retailers
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Strong knowledge of the logistics industry and the current challenges
- Excellent communication and selling skills
- Great negotiation and closing skills
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
Pargo started a convenient logistics solution that allows people to send and receive parcels at dedicated pick-up points throughout the country. We are addressing head-on the challenges of last-mile distribution. People don’t want to wait at home all day for the delivery of a parcel and missing it is even worse. Relying on the opening hours of the local post office doesn’t seem to work either. Pargo solves these problems and allows people to send or collect their parcels when it suits them best. In just 3 years we’ve set up a network of over 1300 Pargo points across South Africa.
We have a great young team of hard-working colleagues who enjoy the following benefits
- Valuable learning opportunities from seasoned professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Insight into the running of a high growth, innovative start-up
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible work hours
- Encouragement of own initiatives
- Space for self-growth
- Enrollment into personal training programs
- Monthly team activities
Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Johannesburg & Durban – Independent/ flexible
Interested candidates should send a CV to email@example.com with ‘Candidate for Pargo – Key Account Manager’ in the subject line. A brief cover letter should be addressed to Ian Duvenage.
Pargo Brand Ambassadors
Job Title: Pargo Brand Ambassadors – 3 ad hoc/casual positions in Gauteng, Pretoria and KZN respectively. Able to start immediately.
Pargo is a convenient last mile logistics solution that allows people to send and receive orders from our 1400+ Pargo Parcel Points nationwide. Pargo solves the challenges of last-mile logistics. Sending and receiving parcels is a problem for many consumers as they do not have a home or office address that is always available for deliveries. Couriers are not as consumer-centric and can be expensive, while the post office has proven to be less reliable. Pargo solves these challenges by utilising retail stores as Pargo Parcel Points for consumers to send and receive parcels at their own convenience.
Pargo is looking for Brand Ambassadors in Gauteng, Pretoria and KZN for ad hoc project work to represent our brand. Individuals will be required to visit sites, setup and display Pargo branding – increase awareness of the Pargo service, create a specific image in each store, provide innovative insights, create potential opportunities and build customer relationships.
• Candidates to be based in Gauteng, Pretoria and KZN
• Must have valid drivers’ license
• Marketing/Business background can be students working towards diploma/degree
• Field marketing or promotional/retail experience would be an advantage
• Must have a smartphone
• Must be flexible and willing to travel within the province
• Natural Leadership ability
• Knowledge of marketing and be creative
• People person. Must be able to converse and influence Store managers, owners and staff
• Ability to build and maintain relationships.
• Must be committed to promoting Pargo’s brand professionally
• Must have the ability to handle objections
• Must have the ability to provide feedback and gather innovative insights from field and report back to a supervisor
Submission date closes 1 November 2018. Should you be interested, email your cover letter with detailed CV to Bianca.firstname.lastname@example.org