Pargo Insurance: What you need to know
We would like to bring to your attention that Pargo offers insurance to all our suppliers, should you require the service.
What is the cost?
Premium is payable at a rate of 1.00% of the total insured value, subject to a minimum premium of R20.00 including VAT.
Claims Excess – Flat R250.00
How to do you inform Pargo you require insurance?
Email email@example.com with the waybill number you want insured, include the value you want to insure the parcel for. You will receive an invoice for the insurance value.
How do you claim?
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Transport Insurance Claim: Waybill Number”.
- If the goods are damaged, you need to include a minimum of two digital photos of the damage to the goods. One photo needs to show the goods and the damage sustained. The second photo needs to show how the goods were packaged (box and packaging material). The package material must be retained for inspection. More than two photos are preferable.
- You also need to attach a scanned image of the supplier/commercial invoice (or other documented proof)substantiating the invoice value of the goods)
Other important information:
- If damage or loss occurs, you will need to report the incident within 24 hours of it occurring.
- All claim documentation needs to be submitted within 5 days of the reported incident. If we do not receive the claim documentation within 5 days, the Cargo Transport Insurance claim will be void.
- Always check your parcel/package and if possible the content upon delivery for any loss and or damage e.g. examine the outward packing material for loss/damage e.g. any dents to box, missing and/or damage content etc. SHOULD THE OUTWARD PACKING BE DAMAGE OR PART OF THE DELIVERY IS MISSING, PLEASE CONTACT PARGO IMMEDIATELY.
Should you be interested in insuring your parcels, please email email@example.com and we will send you the “Pargo GIT Insurance” document