Senior Product Owner
Start Date: ASAP | Duration: Permanent | Location: Cape Town | Education: Bachelor degree in a relevant field or equivalent
We’re looking for an experienced, ambitious and driven Product Owner/Product Manager to join us in changing the way people send and receive parcels. As Pargo’s first Product Owner, you will take the lead on delivering new products to market as well as work closely with the exec team to set the product roadmap and strategy. This is the perfect opportunity for an experienced Product Owner to add enthusiasm in delivering new products and services while building towards a Head of Product role.
We offer a dynamic work environment, competitive remuneration, and a chance to be part of a fast-growing business that is busy disrupting the logistics landscape in South Africa and the rest of the continent.
What you will do
Working with the tech, design, sales and marketing, operations teams and our logistics partners, you will plan and launch new product offerings into the market. This role will see you defining short to medium-term product roadmaps and ensuring we deliver a phenomenal product. Working collaboratively with our exec team, you will be responsible for our product, its end-to-end features, including third-party operational partners.
- Build an understanding of our clients and end-users through market research and customer engagement in order to adjust development accordingly
- Interact with existing clients and end-users to determine new offerings and features and validate ideas
- Develop and manage the product roadmap, prioritising in line with the strategy and business objectives by determining and managing budget, scope and time constraints
- Overseeing the development of our product by planning resources and timelines and coordinating with external parties
- Engage with third-party logistics providers to ensure cost-effective service to deliver an end-to-end product
- Stakeholder management – you are the link between stakeholders and our operations and development team, ensuring buy-in and the delivery of clear instructions and deliverables for our developers
- Adopting a mindset of product iteration, responsible for evaluating progress at each stage of the development process
Why you should join us
- Because you’re excited about the digital economy and want to help build the leading logistics platform in Africa to enable Ecommerce growth on the continent
- Because you’re passionate about an entrepreneurial environment where you are expected to take action and your decisions make a real impact on the long-term strategy and day-to-day operations
- Because you want to benefit from real rewards, by actively contributing to the performance of a great team, with hard work and exceptional output
- Because you want to grow in the organisation and become a Head of Product
Why you should NOT join us
- Because you’re looking for a position that allows for a 9-to-5 mentality in which you can delegate most of the work to your colleagues
- Because you only want to be working on the high-level strategic projects and don’t want to get your hands dirty
- Because you’re looking for a static environment where nothing ever changes
What we’re looking for
- A self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and is comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience as a Product Owner, ideally within a start-up or high-growth company
- Demonstrable experience effectively driving a development team to achieve their deliverables
- Experience defining and prioritising roadmaps collaboratively
- Hands-on experience working with engineering teams
- Experience in seamlessly incorporating third-party service providers with digital product
- Technical acumen and genuine passion for technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A project management certification is an added bonus
What we’re offering
- A competitive remuneration package
- A dynamic office culture with room for creativity and self-expression
- Insights into the operations of a high-growth, innovative start-up company
- A cool office in the trendy Mason’s Press precinct, with a host of perks, such as daily fresh fruit deliveries and ad-hoc yoga sessions
- Team activities such as Friday drinks, sports activities (Cape Town Cycle Tour, Cape Town Marathon), cultural outings, and the Never-Ending Pargo Table Tennis Championship
- Valuable learning opportunities from seasoned professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit
Team & cultureYou’ll be joining a young enthusiastic team of exceptional people, working to become the leading last-mile logistics platform in Africa. We strive to create exceptional output by listening to what our customers need and then taking action. Our ever-changing work environment requires dedication and long, hard, and smart work. We make sure we are having a great time while doing this and exceptional output will lead to real rewards. We celebrate our milestones in and out the office by partaking in different activities lead by our Chief Fun Officer. Activities include evening football games, the Pargo Master Chef lunch competition, daily yoga sessions, music concerts, Friday afternoon drinks, early morning kayaking with dolphins, and entering the Cape Town Marathon.
PargoPargo is a smart logistics company that is on a mission to create accessible delivery across Africa and be a key enabler for Ecommerce growth on the continent. We do this by offering omnichannel logistics solutions to solve the challenges of last-mile distribution and make deliveries more accessible, affordable and convenient. We have a tech-enabled network of over 2,500 Pick-up Points (PuPs) and work with leading South African businesses including The Foschini Group, Cape Union Mart, OneDayOnly, Clicks, African Bank, Lewis, HomeChoice, and many more.
Interested?Candidates should send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Candidate – Senior Product Owner’ in the subject line. A brief cover letter should be addressed to Steven Jowell.