Marketing Intern for Tech Startup in Cape Town, South Africa
Interested in working abroad? We are currently looking for a marketing intern to work with our creative team in our trendy offices in Cape Town. Pargo is a tech startup, founded in 2015 and based in Cape Town, South Africa. We are addressing the challenges of last-mile logistics in Africa.
While online shopping is growing exponentially on the continent, logistics still poses a problem. 75% of Africa’s population lives or works in areas that are challenging to access for traditional delivery services or expensive to reach. Pargo’s convenient network of Pick-up Points located at thousands of retail stores solves these problems and allows users the flexibility to collect and return their parcels whenever it suits them.
The successful internship candidate will work within the Marketing team focusing on day by day marketing tasks, social media management, copywriting, SEO tasks and campaigns.
Marketing Internship: Requirements
- Student or graduate of marketing, journalism, multi-media management or design
- Studies at a technical university with some practical knowledge of the tools of the trade
- Good written and spoken English
- Pro-active and energetic work attitude
- Interested in ecommerce and logistics
- Availability for at least 6 months
- Start date: 31. July or later
Marketing Internship: Daily tasks
- Social Media Management
- Conceptualise and craft content for press releases, blogs and campaigns
- Help conceptualise co-marketing campaigns with retail partners
- Research opportunities for awards and speaking appointments
- Search engine optimisation
Marketing Internship: Benefits & Renumeration
- Doing a marketing internship at Pargo in Cape Town will help you gain experience in one of the fastest growing start-ups in Africa (Last years winner of the FNB Business Innovation awards)
- During your marketing internship, you will be part of a culturally diverse team
- You will receive a reference at the end of your internship in Cape Town
Please note interns will have to be in possession of a valid internship visa, which you will need to apply for at the South African embassy in your home country once the internship has been secured and an internship contract has been received. Due to South African visa regulations, internships are unpaid. If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to spend 6 months in Cape Town and gain valuable practical experience in marketing, please send your CV and cover letter to Michaela Gabriel at firstname.lastname@example.org