I have read and understood claims procedure
I have read and understood all general terms and conditions
I have read and understood the summary of cover
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Unless otherwise agreed in writing Pargo (Pty) Ltd (“the Company”) carries all goods at owner’s risk and subject to the company’s Standard Trading Conditions – a copy of which is available on request from the Company.
The Company is however able to facilitate, through the use of a licenced intermediary, the arrangement of cargo insurance on behalf of the customer to cover the goods being moved and whilst in transit, subject to an insurance premium being agreed to and paid by the customer to the Insurance Company.
Please note that this insurance will be arranged through Eikos Risk Applications (Pty) Ltd/JLT Marine (Pty) Ltd (“Eikos/JLT”), an authorised financial services provider (FSP 481). Unless otherwise advised, the insurance will be underwritten by Guardrisk Insurance Company Limited (“Guardrisk”). An analysis of your particular marine insurance needs has not been performed and you are urged to contact Eikos/JLT on (031) 584 2600 in order for a risk analysis to be performed and for the terms and conditions of the insurance cover to be explained to you
1. Cover is provided in terms of the Pargo (Pty) Ltd Cargo Transport insurance policy number MUMNF18/0001.
2. Please ready the following important documents / notice
Insurer Disclosure Notice (click here to read
Terms of Business (click here to read
POPI Documents (click here to read
3. The following goods are excluded from the above:-
- Tobacco Products of all Descriptions;
- Alcohol Products;
- Jewellery, Watches, Precious Stones;
- Copper Plate, Ingots, Ore or any other Raw Unprocessed Copper Material;
- 2nd hand Electronic and Photographic goods;
- All second hand goods (pre-owned)
- Baked Goods;
- Unpackaged goods;
- White goods (unless they are new and in their original packaging and box)
- Artwork, Paintings, Antiques, Vases / Porcelain and Sculptures;
- Commercial Bulk Dangerous Goods;
- Currency of all descriptions i.e. precious metals and stone, money, bullion, cheques, credit or other card sales vouchers, securities, shares, bonds, deeds, bills of exchange or any document that represents money;
- Live plants and trees;
- Household goods removals (including all personal effects)
- Any goods with existing damage or in poor condition,
- Electronic items going for repairs,
- Frozen or chilled meat, seafood or foodstuffs,
- Documentation such as Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificates, Death Certificates, ID Books/Cards, Passports, Visas, Tenders Documents etc.
4. All goods must be suitably packaged for transport; insufficient packaging will void a claim. Please note that the policy excludes losses arising from insufficiency/inadequacy of packing. (Please click for more information)
The purpose of packing of goods for transit is to ensure, as far as possible, that the goods arrive at the receiver in the same perfect condition in which they were when they left the sender. The only way to ensure safety of the goods in transit is to make certain that goods are packed in a manner which will enable them to withstand the normal handling / movement during transit. Inadequacy and insufficiency of packing is of utmost importance to insurers for it can turn what might have been a small loss into a large loss. Loss caused by insufficiency or inadequacy of packing is not recoverable under the policy.
5. Claim Procedure
If damage or loss occurs, you will need to report the incident within 24 Hours of it occurring
. All claim documentation needs to be submitted within 5 days
of the reported Incident. If we do not receive the claim documentation within 5 days, the Cargo Transport Insurance claim will be void.
Always check your parcel / package and if possible the content upon delivery for any loss and or damage e.g. examine the outward packing material for loss / damage e.g. dents to box, missing and / or damage content etc. Should the outward packing be damage or part of the delivery is missing, please contact Pargo immediately.
A receiver signature ‘electronic signature’ signifies the goods were delivered in full and not damaged in any way. If the goods are damaged the receiver must make contact with Pargo immediately.
When submitting a claim, the following documents should be sent at the outset:
Email email@example.com. with the subject line of the email as “Transport Insurance Claim:” with the consignment / waybill number on the label sent at the time of booking. ….
If the goods are damaged, you need to include a minimum of two digital photos of the damage to the goods. One photo needs to show the goods and the damage sustained. The second photo needs to show how the goods were packaged (box and packaging material).The package material must be retained for inspection. More than two photos are preferable.
You also need to attach a scanned image of the supplier / commercial invoice (or other documented proof) substantiating the invoice value of the goods)
Failure to provide this information will result in the Cargo Transport Insurance claim becoming void.
Act Promptly in reporting a possible loss to Pargo. It is preferable to notify Pargo immediately, by telephone, and to then confirm matters in writing as soon as possible thereafter.
Always Check your parcel / package and contents upon delivery for any loss / damage e.g. dents to box, missing and / or damage content etc.
Always keep damaged cargo/salvage or packing until third parties have had an opportunity to inspect the damaged cargo and the disposal is sanctioned by Insurers. Retain all documentary evidence of salvage disposal proceedings.
In order to protect and preserve your rights to a claim against your Underwriter, it is strongly recommended that you DO NOT:
Grant clean receipt to carriers
Express an opinion on the packing or cause of loss or agree percentage loss with Surveyor.
Accept compromised settlement offers.
Destroy or allow destruction of damaged cargo.
Allow claims against Carriers to become time-barred.
Toll Free Claim Number: 080 0555 312
SUMMARY OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Subject to the provisions of Marine Open Policy number MUMNF18/0001 issued by…………………………….
Arranged by Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group – FSP No. 43021
Telephone +27 31 584 2600 Fax +27 31 584 2602
At, to and from any port(s) and/or place(s) in the world, but sailings and/or sendings at, to and from Rwanda, Burundi, Angola, Democratic Republic of Congo and countries under the United Nations sanction, where permitted under legislative order, are covered on restricted conditions.
As reflected on the Insurance Options form attached hereto.
SUBJECT MATTER INSURED:
All goods and/or merchandise of every description excluding Tobacco Products of all Descriptions; Alcohol Products; Jewellery, Watches, Precious Stones; Furs; Copper Plate, Ingots, Ore or any other Raw Unprocessed Copper Material; 2nd hand Electronic and Photographic goods; All second hand goods (pre-owned) Baked Goods, Unpackaged goods; White goods (unless they are new and in their original packaging and box) Artwork, Paintings, Antiques, Vases / Porcelain and Sculptures; Commercial Bulk Dangerous Goods; Explosives; Bloodstock; Currency of all descriptions i.e. precious metals and stone, money, bullion, cheques, credit or other card sales vouchers, securities, shares, bonds, deeds, bills of exchange or any document that represents money; Live plants and trees; Household goods removals (including all personal effects) Any goods with existing damage or in poor condition, Electronic items going for repairs, Frozen or chilled meat, seafood or foodstuffs, Documentation such as Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificates, Death Certificates, ID Books/Cards, Passports, Visas, Tenders Documents etc.
All land, water (including barges) and air conveyances. Shipments per water subject to Institute Classification Clause and Cargo ISM Endorsement.
BASIS OF VALUATION/LOSS SETTLEMENT:
How to determine your Insured Value. (To be evidence in the event of a claim)
Purchase / Sale: Invoice Value Plus any additional costs actually incurred.
Inter-Branch Transfers: As declared, but subject to a maximum of Replacement Cost at time of Loss.
Cover attaches from the time the property is delivered into the care, custody or control of Pargo (Pty) Ltd and continues during the course of transit, until delivered at final destination.
Principally, cover shall be against “All Risks” of physical loss or damage to cargo as defined in terms of the Institute Cargo Clauses (A), and Strikes Clauses (Cargo) or Institute Cargo Clauses (Air) (excluding sendings by post) as applicable.
The term “All Risks” means that cover is against all insurable risks except those risks that are specifically excluded in terms of the Institute Clauses. Should you require specifics in this regard, please advise us accordingly and we will make these available to you.
(this list is not exhaustive but is intended to highlight some of the major cover exclusions, exceptions and limitations which are common to all policies issued in terms of the Institute Clauses):
1. Losses which are inevitable and/or not fortuitous, including trade ullages or trade losses and ordinary wear and tear
2. Losses arising from delay, including loss of market.
3. Losses arising from the insufficiency/inadequacy of packing and/or stowage
4. Losses arising from inherent vice (being the natural failure of a commodity under certain conditions, for example: spontaneous combustion, rust, oxidization, discolouration, evaporation, sprouting, warping, etc.)
5. Rejection of goods by port, customs or any other authorities.
6. Where the Insured fails to act as a prudent “un-insured” (ie. without due diligence, care and caution), including the wilful misconduct of the Insured
7. Losses arising from the abandonment of cargo, be it forced or otherwise
8. Loss or damage caused by gradual deterioration, depreciation, mechanical or electronic derangement (unless resulting from an insured peril), atmospheric or climatic conditions, moth, insects or vermin.
The terms and conditions as set out above relate to the information provided by yourselves on the Insurance Options form. However, should you find that you are shipping cargoes that fall outside the ambit of this policy, please contact JLT Group on 086-333-312.