Preparing for retail peak season
With Black Friday and the festive season around the corner, you’ll want to be on top of your game with your online retail business.
This is the perfect opportunity for your ecommerce platform to become a one-stop shop for thousands of shoppers looking to buy that special something through a seamless online shopping experience.
Here are some great tips to prepare for the upcoming busy retail season:
- Know your season goals: You need to decide early what your promotions will be, and market, market, market! There’ll be increased traffic on your platform, so develop a plan that will attract new customers and retain older ones.
- Festive spirit: Your site needs to reflect the joys of the season, so adding touches like festive graphics or even a timer counting down the days till Christmas is effective. You don’t need to redesign the whole site, just make it sing with the season.
- Email campaigns: Reminding people you have just the thing they’re looking for is a must over this season, and a great email campaign works wonders. Include promotions to get a customer’s attention, and add a deadline to create a sense of urgency.
- Don’t forget “Silver Surfers”: Research shows older users increase activity over the festive season. They don’t want any hassle, so ensure it only takes a few clicks for them to order and pay.
- Delivery options: Convenience is the name of the game, so offer customers optionality when it comes to delivery options – click & collect, home delivery and returns.
Pargo is a Cape Town-based tech company that solves the challenges of last-mile logistics through its smart logistics platform and fulfilment solutions, which are anchored by a vast, nationwide network of thousands of Pargo Pickup Points. Pioneering Click & Collect back in 2015, Pargo continues to develop their technology and processes to make fulfilment solutions fit for the African logistics landscape, including Home Delivery, Returns and micro-warehousing. Clients that use their tech include Edgars, rain, TFG, Cape Union Mart, Clicks and HomeChoice.